2016 State Scholarship Applications Due April 15th
American Farmers & Ranchers sponsors college scholarships annually to young people who have been active participants in the Youth Program. College scholarships are given annually to assist participants financially with college and university expenses.
Minimum requirements are as follows:
- Applicants or member of applicant's immediate family must be a policy holder of our organization.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 Grade Point Average on a 4.0 Grade Scale.
- Applicant must have attended two Senior Leadership Summits with their last year being summer before senior year.
- Upon receiving a scholarship award, the applicant must serve as a sponsor for the 2014 AFR Leadership Summit, judge an AFR District or State Speech Contest, and attend the 2015 AFR State Convention Youth Program, or a variation of the above activities pending approval form the youth coordinator.
- Applications must be accompanied by an official transcript and a current wallet-size photograph of the applicant.
Scholarship recipients are selected by an appointed scholarship committee based upon the following criteria:
- Participation in the Youth Program
- Financial need
- Leadership activities
- Grade point average